The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Veterans day is a day to say thanks, it's the one designated day we salute veterans for the sacrifices they've made for us. But there's a local park where you can honor those who fought for our country all year round.
If you drive by the Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park, you may think you're in Washington, DC. The park has all fifty state flags and plaques for every war fought. People who come to the park can stroll along and read the names of 6-thousand vets dead and alive.
The park is open year round, seven days a week. Tomorrow morning around 10:45 there will be a veteran program at the memorial park. About 15-hundred students will honor vets.
- Veterans Memorial Park's New Landmark
- Marion County Veterans Memorial Park vandalized
- Vandals target veterans memorial again
- Memorial Day Service in Ocala
- Deputies clear hostage situation in Ocala Park Estates
- Man Donates Land to County for New Park
- More "green" space for Marion County; looks to improve parks
- Frank Polack Memorial Ride
- Ten Year Memorial for Fallen Deputy
- FDOT removes memorial outside nightclub