Red Flag Warning
There is a Red Flag Warning in effect for all of North Central Florida. The Florida Division of Forestry is recommending that people delay any outdoor burning, due toÂ dry and windyÂ condions. A Red Flag Warning is a forecast warning issued by the National Weather Service to tell area firefighting and land management agencies that conditions are favorable for fires. The risk of a fire getting out of control and spreading is high.
However, two prescribed burns are taking place in the Ocala National Forest totaling 800 acres. They are authorized by the state division of forestry because the people conducting the burn have heavy equipment to keep the fire under control.
- Fighting Fraud with the "Red Flags Rule"
- State Tops Nation in Access to Early Education, But Red Flags Raised
- Flag Day Reading Celebration
- Confederate flag retired in Ocala
- Homeowner Uses Upside Down American Flag to Prostest Direction of Country
- Kanapaha Park Vandalized, Flag Stolen
- American Flags Fly High in Cedar Key on Independence Day
- Protester Removes Confederate Flag Outside Marion County Government Center
- Thousands show for Confederate flag rally
- Residents disagree over confederate flag at Marion County Government Complex