There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
UF Security Procedures Getting Another Look--Again
By Dan Breitwieser, WCJB TV 20 News.
Another controversial speaker has UF officials rethinking their security procedure again. One protester stood on stage next to former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales for a few seconds before University Police could make it over to him and escort him out. He and another student were arrested for disrupting a public event.
A Phillips Center employee says Gonzales was never in danger. But from now on, there will be t-shirt security people blocking easy access to the stage.
"In the final analysis, that protester should never have been able to get on stage with Mr. Gonzales," says UF spokesman Steve Orlando. "That never should have happened."
Orlando says he thinks controversial speakers know what they may be getting into when they come to any college campus, including UF, and doesn't think the exposure from the last two protests will discourage more from coming in the future.
- Marion County looks to step up school security
- Gainesville's Looking For Another Bus Maintenance And Storage Facility
- Agents Take Another Look at Cold Case
- Potato Chips Get Another UF Football Player in Trouble
- Procedure or Interpretation?
- One Marion County School May Get A New Look
- Get an Inside Look at Gainesville's C.A. Pound Crime Lab
- After Zimmerman Trial Protests, State Capital looks at Security Changes
- Another Cold Night in California, Gas Prices Rise Again, and Future of Sandy Hook School Discussed
- Athletes, Families Weigh Security Concerns Amid Sochi Terror Threats