Breaking News: Current & Former Gators Arrested
Gator starting defensive end, Jermaine Cunningham and former Gator linebacker, Jonathan Demps were arrested early Tuesday morning. The two men are facing battery charges after being arrested by Gainesville Police Officers.
The police report says it all started with an argument over potato chips at Jimmy John's restaurant. An employee told police Cunningham and Demps would not pay for chips. Police say the two men then became verbally abusive toward the employee. That's when police say Cunningham threw empty soda cups at the Jimmy John's employee and Demps threw his sandwich. Then the two defendants ran from the store and were later caught on campus.
Tune in to WCJB TV 20 at 5:30 & 6 for the latest on this developing story.
- BREAKING NEWS: AAFL TO POSTPONE SEASON
- Breaking News: Unauthorized Plane Lands in Gainesville
- Former Gator & High Springs Mayor Larry Travis Passes Away
- Breaking News: Bombing Suspect Moved
- Teen Arrested after Store Break-In
- Man Arrested for Breaking into Cars
- Terry Jones Arrested as Spirit of Faith Opens on Former Dove Property
- Deadly Rip Currents Likely
- Rip Currents Hitting Gulf
- Former Gator Released From Jail