Chances are if you are like most people you spent a lot of time shopping for the perfect Christmas gift. As you may have discovered, that gift can be hard to find.
Christmas may be over, but there are still plenty of pets who need good homes. All you have to do is go down to the Marion County animal shelter and for forty dollars you like so many this holiday season, you can bring home a best buddy.
JoAnn Kittredge with the Marion County Animal Shelter says, "The past few months we've been very very busy. We have had a very high ratio of adoptions. We almost ran out of dogs this year! "
Last year, Kittredge says, the shelter didn't even adopt out three hundred dogs and cats in December. This Christmas season, they are almost at four hundred.
If you're a Marion County resident, the county license and shots are included in the forty dollar fee. Everyone can get their animal microchipped for five dollars.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- Hurricane Season Sales Tax Holiday: What You Should Know
- State Sales Tax Holiday is Just Around the Corner
- State Sales Tax Holiday Begins Friday
- Ways to Track St. Nick This Holiday
- Veterans Honored with Wreaths for the Holidays
- Holiday Lighting Precautions
- Holiday Drinking
- Home for the Holidays
- Holiday Traditions
- Gainesville Police Officers Win Another Battle In Fight Over Holiday Pay