Palatka City Commissioner Died
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
George Sanders a long time Palatka City Commissioner died yesterday from pneumonia. Sanders was 88-years old. But some of his fellow commissioners say his death was very unexpected. Sanders had three years left on his term. Now Palatka finds itself gearing up for an unexpected election. The mayor of Palaka, Karl Flagg says, "While there is a void in the physical absence of our commissioner, i believe because we have a team effort, his passions the legacy will live on."
The mayor says at the next City Commission meeting commissioners will vote on a date to have a special election to fill Sander's seat. Sander's funeral will be Friday at the First Baptist Church in Palatka.
- Passenger of Small Plane in Palatka Crash Dies
- Passenger in Palatka Plane Crash Dies
- City Commissioner Walks Through Archer Braid Trail
- City Commissioners Consider New Governance Structure for GRU
- Gainesville City Commissioners To Vote On Butler Plaza Annexation
- City Commissioner Rick Bryant Running For County Post
- New Gainesville City Commissioners
- City Commissioners Narrow List Of Fleet Management Sites
- Gainesville City Commissioners Approve Location for Homeless Resource Center
- Gainesville City Commissioners Set to Vote On Gender Identity Ordinance