Remembering Heather & Kira Radcliffe
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Today marks a grim anniversary for one North Central Florida family. On this day last year a mother and daughter were murdered in their home. Police say the case is far from closed. And the victims' family is still trying to find closure.
Today is the one year anniversary of the murders of 28-year old Heather Radcliffe and her 6-year old daughter Kira. Both were murdered in their house on Northwest 32nd Place in Gainesville.
The killer shot Heather, strangled Kira, and then burned the house. Today family members are praying for their lost loved ones and that a killer is caught. Mary Jane, a friend of the Radcliffe family, says, "It's been a year. it's been a hard year. we keep praying for resolves. this was such a hard crime."
The victim's family is looking forward to building a gazebo in Heather and Kira's memory at Possum Creek. But more than anything they're looking forward to justice being served. There's a 10-thousand reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who killed Heather and Kira.
- Cold Case FIles: Heather and Kira Radcliffe
- Cold Case Files: Heather & Kira Corey Smith
- Remembering the Radcliffe Family
- Packed Church Remembers Mama Mosley & Granddaughter
- Radcliffe's Rememberance
- Heather Strong Murder Case
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete Kira Lowell
- Community Gathers to Remember Charlie & Braden Powell
- Remembering 9/11
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela