23rd Annual Hall of Fame Banquet
More than four hundred people packed the Paramount Hotel for the 23rd Annual Hall of Fame Banquet,Â Â all in honor of the 40th Martin Luther King Junior Holiday.
Many say the highlight of the night was the keynote speaker, Doctor Jocelyn Elders, who is the former United States Surgeon General for the Clinton administration.
Rodney Long is not only the President of the Martin Luther King Junior Commission of Florida Board of Directiors, he's also the founder.
"So we're celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Association of the Association of Dr. Martin Luther King , so we're asking that question now, is there justice for all 40 years later?" says Long.
Many at the event say they plan to continue the celebration at the annual Commemorative March, which kicks off at 1-pm at theÂ M.L.K. Memorial Gardens in Downtown Gainesville. Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- 8th Annual Veteran Awards Banquet
- Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
- Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
- Midnight Vote on Plans for NW 16th Avenue and NW 23rd Avenue
- Potholes Fixed on Northwest 23rd Corridor
- NAACP Awards Banquet Recognizes Community Leaders
- Sun Country Hosts 23rd Annual Teddy Bear Invitational
- Peterson To Host Annual Family Fun Day In Alachua On July 23rd
- EMMITT SMITH ENSHRINED IN COLLEGE HALL OF FAME
- MIZELL INDUCTED INTO HALL OF FAME