A Community Still In Mourning
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
A community is reeling trying to come to terms with the loss of five young men killed in a car crash this weekend. The 18-year old driver of the car lost control sending the five young men 200 feet in the air before crashing into a tree.
Monday will be the first day students return back to school since the tradegy. Although the fatal crash happened Saturday, school officials know there's still a lot more grieving to come. Three of the victims were graduates of North Marion High School. The principal says it's going to be extremely hard for her students to get over the loss of three young people. To help cope, there will be extra counselors at the school.
Florida highway patrol troopers say they're still looking into whether alcohol and speed were factors in the crash.
- Community Mourns the Loss of 5 Children
- A Community Mourns The Death of Two Bradford High School Teens
- Bell Tragedy: Community Mourns Lives Lost
- Gainesville Jewish Community Mourns Paris Attack Victims
- Gainesville community mourning loss of swimming coach, leader
- Community Mourns Loss of Well-Known Teacher
- A Healthy Weight Community Champion Still Fights High Obesity Rates
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
- Jett Travolta Mourned