Dog Saves Man
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
This morning, a Lake City man was asleep in his home, when his dog started barking and scratching at his bedroom door. He thought his dog wanted to outside, but as it turns out the dog really wanted him to go outside.
Earl Green says he never would have known that his house was on fire, if it wasn't for his german shepard. His dog actually alerted him about the fire before his smoke detectors went off.
Firefighters say an electrical fire started in the back of green's home and spread through the attic. Although the home didn't burn to the grown, firefighters say it's completely destroyed inside from smoke and water. The home had about 125-thousand dollars worth of damage. Green and his family were able to save pictures and some valuable items.
- UF Small Animal Hospital Saves Dog
- Kid saved from Dog by Deputy
- Dog Saves Woman's Life
- Firefighter Saves Family Dog
- Postal Worker Saves Dog's Life
- Man Saved in House Fire
- Gainesville Man Dies While Saving Drowning Kids
- Neighbor Saves Elderly Man from Apartment Fire
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Accused of Cutting Up Dog for Food