The latest poll results as of 11:30 pm:
Gainesville At Large 2 has 100% of the Precincts reporting with Hawkins winning the seat on the City Commission.
In the Gainesville District 2 race, 100% Precincts are reporting but there is no winner declared. Because not one of the candidates brought in more then 60% of the votes, 2 of the 3 runners will vie for the position in 3 weeks. Lauren Poe and Bonnie Motts will be the candidates on that ballot.
And in the Gainesville District 3 race, 100% of the Precincts report that Jack Donovan won by 70%.
In the Florida State Primary, Democratic Presidential Candidate, Senator Hillary Clinton, grabbed the win with 49% of the votes. And Senator John McCain grabbed the win on the Republican side with 36% of the votes.
Ammendment 1 passed state wide with 64% of the vote voting in favor of the Constitutional Revision.
The latest poll results as of 7:49 pm:
According to the Alachua County Elections Site:
Gainesville At Large 2 has 76% of Precincts reporting with Hawkins in the lead by 65%
Gainesville District 2 has 100% Precincts reporting with Bonnie Motts gaining 42.45% of the votes
Gainesville District 3 has 87% of Precincts reporting with Commissioner Jack Donovan gaining 70% of the votes.
For the state primaries, 88% of Precincts reporting with John McCain in the lead with 88% of the votes. On the Democratic side, Sen. Barack Obama is leading with 46% of the votes.
Stay up to date throughout the night with the latest coverage on the Gainesville City Elections and the Florida Primaries. Tune in to TV 20 and WCJB.com for the latest updates.
- Election Day 2013: Weller Wins Another Term in High Springs, McIntosh Incumbents Re-elected
- Vote 2014: Election Information
- Election Day 2014- Keith Perry wins State Representative District 21
- State Board of Governor's Insist FAMU Updates
- Senator Moves for More Election Accountability in the State
- 2pm Tropical Storm Andrea Update
- Last Candidates Forum Before Election
- New Charter Amendment on Mayoral Elections' Ballot
- Cabot-Koppers Superfund Site Update
- Congressman Ted Yoho Wins Republican Primary Elections