Sheriff Runs for Office
Sheriff Milner will step down at the end of year and is running for the District 12 State House Seat. There are already five candidates who want to take over as Bradford County Sheriff.
Three of the candidates are republicans and two democrats; all have ties with law enforcement.
Captain Randall Zipperer and Starke Police Chief Gordon Smith are two of the candidates.
"I think I am qualified in-fact i think I'm best qualified candidate, I hold a masters degree in education, my military background and i have the law enforcement, corrections and probation experience so i bring to the table a wide variety of experiences leadership and management experience that i think will benefit the public the best," says Capt. Randall Zipperer with the Bradford Co. Sheriff's Office.
"I want to get more community involved. Getting our officers not only who patrol and work our streets, but getting them involved in our churches through athletic events, through school, our kids go to school here. School is a priority we need to take care of our kids and our elderly," says Starke Police Chief Gordon Smith.
There are three other candidates running as Republicans, David Barnes, J.J. Etheridge, Mike Juliano.
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- Vermillion Files: ASO Now Open To Lawsuits
- 10 Year Anniversary Of Fallen Deputy Brian Litz
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Meth Lab Busted in Inglis, 12 Arrested
- K-9 Officer Escapes from Kennel, Found Safe
- NCF agencies search for missing woman