Which Homes Sell?
You may be asking what the factors are that make or break it when it comes to selling a home.
Experts say it pretty much boils down to price and quality of the house.
Its going to be a hard hit for sellers who bought two years ago because that's when the market was at its peak.
If you are not getting the offer that you want the best advice is to sit on it, rent it out and come back into the market in a year and see how it looks.
Even though the market isn't doing too well its not near as bad as it is in other areas.
This is a very dynamic place to live, U.F. is a big draw for people we aren't really subject to the sways that were happening on the coast so despite hope we feel about property taxes in this area we have been fairly immune to the big swing," says Dave Ferro with Bosshardt Realty Services in Gainesville.
In Alachua County there are 6400 listings on the market; thats much higher then previous years.
Vacant land has slowed down, in the last 90 days only 50 vacant lots have sold, 400 homes, and 100 condos sold.
Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- Consumer Confidence For Buying & Selling Homes Is Up
- New Way To Sell Homes
- Fire Destroys Building Which Houses Two Businesses
- Ward's Soon To Sell Locally Raised Beef
- Store Owner Arrested For Selling Synthetic Marijuana
- CVS to Stop Selling Tobacco
- Commission Explores Selling Jail
- Dunnellon Sells Failed "Greenlight" Business in Effort to Avoid Bankruptcy
- Cattlemen in Marion County Sell Cows for a Cause
- Stiffer Penalties for Businesses Caught Selling Alcohol to Underage Customers