Beth Younggren 1968-2008
Longtime TV20 anchor and reporter Beth Younggren died Friday afternoon. A brain tumor attacked her and although she fought back with her usual tenacity and optimism, she finally slipped away.
For many years Beth balanced her work as a journalist with her love of family. She was a wife, a mother, a friend and a Journalist.
She exhorted viewers to "make good news happen" and as she fought her final battle, she asked people to "pay it forward," by performing unexpected good deeds for other people.
Beth leaves behind a husband and two children, as well as a legacy of integrity and honesty.
She was well loved and North Central Florida is a little bit diminished as a result of her passing.
- 2008 Hurricane Season Preparedness
- The Fight for Alachua County Sheriff is on at The 2008 Democratic Black Caucus
- 2008 Election Results
- Death toll on roadways in 2008
- Unsolved Crimes of 2008
- Cold Case 8/16/10 "Beth Foster"
- Meyer Gets First Commitment for 2008!
- 2008 Beijing Olympic Swimmer Beisel Now Swimming with the Gators
- Dale Earnhardt Jr Wins First Sprint Cup Race Since 2008
- Santa Fe Men Win at Central Florida for First Time Since 2008