Lonnie Scott Running For Sheriff
Wednesday, Gainesville Police Captain Lonnie Scott filed to run to replace Sadie Darnell for Alachua County Sheriff.
Darnell beat Scott in the 2006 primary. But this time Scott says he has the support of many of the Sheriff's deputies.
"The Sheriff doesn't show the current employees the respect I think they're due," says Scott.
But the Sheriff says her employees respond very positive to her leadership.
She says, "I can't imagine there would be a lot of people that feel that way. Certainly there are always going to be people who are not satisfied with my decisions."
The democratic primary election is August 26th. As of right now no one else has filed to run for sheriff. If a republican enters the race, the general election will be November 4th.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Home Invasion Victim Speaks Out
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Home-grown horse running in Preakness Stakes
- Texting & Driving May Soon Be Illegal In Florida
- Marion Co. Strong Arm Robbery Suspect Caught
- Dog fighting busted in Putnam County
- Search grows for hit and run driver in Clay County
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties