What started out as a night of partying, quickly turned into a deadly situation for one Santa Fe Community College student. Investigators say 21-year-old Lindsey Bragg may have taken a deadly combination of prescription drugs and alcohol. Experts say there are striking similarities between this young lady's death, and the recent death of celebrity Heath Ledger.
Deputies say both Ledger and Bragg mixed alcohol and prescription drugs. They say prescription drugs are just as dangerous to the body as street drugs, and it's a problem that is running rampant.
"We are seeing it locally, the prescription drug abuse has just grown tenfold not only locally but nationally," says Sgt. Keith Fault of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
Based on comments from witnesses, deputies say in addition to alcohol, Bragg could have taken a variety of prescription drugs, including oxycotin.
They say they're still waiting on the autopsy and toxicology report to determine the exact cause of death. Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- MCSO Investigating "Suspicious Death" Inside Ocklawaha Home
- Suspicious Death In Gilchrist County Still Under Investigation
- 'Suspicious Death' In Gilchrist County Ruled A Homicide
- GPD Investigating Suspicious Death
- Deputies Investigating Suspicious Death
- Detectives Call Ft. McCoy Human Remains Discovery a "Suspicious" Death Investgation
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Suspicious Packages Identified in Marion County
- 11th Suspicious Letter Received in Marion County
- Suspicious Bag Found Downtown