What started out as a night of partying, quickly turned into a deadly situation for one Santa Fe Community College student. Investigators say 21-year-old Lindsey Bragg may have taken a deadly combination of prescription drugs and alcohol. Experts say there are striking similarities between this young lady's death, and the recent death of celebrity Heath Ledger.
Deputies say both Ledger and Bragg mixed alcohol and prescription drugs. They say prescription drugs are just as dangerous to the body as street drugs, and it's a problem that is running rampant.
"We are seeing it locally, the prescription drug abuse has just grown tenfold not only locally but nationally," says Sgt. Keith Fault of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
Based on comments from witnesses, deputies say in addition to alcohol, Bragg could have taken a variety of prescription drugs, including oxycotin.
They say they're still waiting on the autopsy and toxicology report to determine the exact cause of death. Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- Deputies Investigating Suspicious Death
- MCSO Investigating "Suspicious Death" Inside Ocklawaha Home
- GPD Investigating Suspicious Death
- Suspicious Luggage Found At Airport
- Suspicious Phone Calls to Residents are a Scam
- Suspicious Person Forces Levy School Into Lockdown
- Police Search After Suspicious Call
- Suspicious Fire Hits Family Business
- Suspicious Package on UF Campus
- Suspicious Letters Scare in Marion County