Three Endangered Kids Found
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Three endangered children missing for nearly two weeks have been found,Â and their mother is behind bars. The children's stepfather was under investigation for abusing one of the kids, and the couple was told they couldn't leave the area. But deputies say that's exactly when they ran, possible leaving the state. But they were found this morning back here in North Central Florida.
8-year old Sebastian Lee, 4-year old Gabrielle Holland, and a another child --3-month old Tristen Ruffner-- were last seen on January 22nd.
Investigators feared the children were in Michigan because their mother has family there. But Saturday Putnam County Sheriff's Deputies got a tip that the children were in Putnam County. And Sunday morning their mother 29-year old Rachel Holland was arrested.
Authorities are still searching for the stepfather 23-year old Jimmy Ruffner. He is the father of the three-month old. All three kids are in DCF custody. Holland is being held at the Putnam County jail on 150-thousand dollar bond. She faces charges related to taking the kids from the area.
- Marion County Woman Arrested for DUI with Three Kids in Car
- Two Adults, Four Kids Killed in Three Vehicle Crash
- Lonnie Todd Found Guilty On Three Counts
- Three-year-old Boy Found Dead at Bottom of Abandoned Pool
- Three Found Shot in Suwannee County
- Three arrested after traffic stop, spice found
- Missing Kids Found
- Missing kids found
- Jungle Friends Sanctuary Receiving Endangered Monkeys
- Gainesville Police Looking for Missing and Endangered Woman