Disaster Relief Center to Open in Lake City
Residents of Lake City who were affected by the tornado event Friday, March 7 can now go to a single location to apply to receive assistance from State and Local governments, non-governmental and faith-based organizations. A Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) will open March 13 at 9:00 at the Richardson Community Center in Lake City with representatives from the State of Florida, Columbia County and numerous other aid organizations.
The Richardson Community Center is located at 255 NE Coach Anders Lane, Lake City, Fla., 32055. The DRC will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. everyday until further notice.
Officials are encouraging all residents affected by the disaster to visit this location to identify what assistance may be available to them. All individual needs will be assessed on a case-by-case basis to determine the best way to assist each person and their family. Trained staff will be available to provide one-on-one assistance.
"The opening of this disaster recovery center is the next step for state and local officials to assess and identify available resources for survivors of last week's tornado in Lake City," said Douglas Wright, the State Recovery Chief. "This coordinated effort by state and local officials, as well as representatives from volunteer organizations, to bring in people from the area who have been impacted is an effort to give hope to the survivors."
Residents must bring a valid form of identification to register for assistance.
Business owners affected by the disaster can also come to the DRC to get information on how to apply for a Small Business Administration low-interest loan.
The State of Florida is committed to working closely with Columbia County and Lake City officials to determine the unmet needs of the community and offer additional resources and assistance to meet those needs.
For more information on disaster preparedness in Columbia County, go to www.columbiacountyem.com. For statewide disaster information and to find out how you can Get A Plan! for disasters, please visit; www.floridadisaster.org.
- FEMA Recovery Center Open in Lake City
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby
- Disaster Asistance Center Closing Despite Oncoming Storm
- GRU Customers Look for Answers and Relief at City Commission Meeting
- The Cancer Center Opens at North Florida Regional Medical Center
- Lake City Police Chief and City Manager Aren't Going Anywhere
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Verizon to Open Finance Center in Central Florida
- Ocala Trauma Center Fights to Stay Open
- UF Health Drops Lawsuit, ORMC Trauma Center Will Stay Open