Nighttime Traffic Unit Eliminated
The night time traffic unit has been around for nearly two decades, now its been disbanded. The deputies on that team are now on teams that serve two districts.
"The district commander will be able to re-allocate those deputies as he or she seems fit," says Alachua County Sheriff's Spokesperson Keith Faulk.
Over the last year, significantly fewer traffic tickets are being handed out by sheriff's deputies. According to the County Clerk of the Court, in 2006 deputies cited more than 22,000 violations. Last year tickets were cut in half, with only about 11, 000 handed out.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued
- Nighttime Change For Airboaters
- Florida Senator Attempts to Eliminate Daylight Savings Time Change
- Obama's Budget Would Eliminate NASA's Moon Mission
- Downtown Business Owners Send Letter To City, Opposing Free Parking Elimination
- City Proposes to Eliminate Free Downtown Parking
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- United Way to Help Tornado Victims
- United Way Fundraiser
- Marion County Gang Unit