8 people are dead in murder/suicide in home in Bell. Deputies say Don Spirit killed his daughter/6 kids, then himself.
Tornado Tears Apart Homes In Lake City Neighborhood
David Hamilton, WCJB TV 20 News
The tornado that touched down in North Central Florida on Friday caused severe damage in the Northwest portion of Downtown Lake City, ripping apart homes in the neighborhood that sits beneath the Highway 41 Overpass just a few miles north of U.S. Highway 90.
Large oak trees were split in half and others were uprooted, windows and roofs of many homes were busted and ripped off, and the streets were flooded.
Many people in the neighborhood were home when the storm blew through and say that the are just glad that everyone who lives in the tight-knit community are still alive.
Many power lines were knocked down, so as a precaution, crews came by and cut off the power, and many of the residents were told by emergency responders they are not allowed to go back into their homes because of the damage.
- Tornado Damage in Lake City
- Lake City Suffers Brunt of Florida Tornado
- Extreme Home Makeover: Tear Down That Home!
- Woman Finds Robber in Her Lake City Home
- Elderly Couple Found Dead In Lake City Home
- Large Tornadoes Tear Through Dallas
- Tree destroys apartment and sends a wake up call to the neighborhood
- Homes Purchased Help Neighborhoods
- Stephen Foster Residents Want City Garage To Leave Their Neighborhood
- Florida League of Cities Employees Beautify Gainesville Neighborhood