United Way to Help Tornado Victims
United Way of Suwannee Valley will accept any financial assistance toward the long-term recovery process of those affected by the tornado which struck Lake City on Friday, March 7. These donations may be mailed to United Way LTR, 325 NE Hernando Ave., Lake City, FL 32055. Pledges may be made by calling the office at 386-752-5604.
Monetary donations to American Red Cross, North Central Florida Chapter, will assist with the costs incurred with the provision of sheltering, feeding, damage assessment, client services, health services and mental health services. To make a monetary donation, contributors may mail a check to the American Red Cross, Lake City Office, 264 NE Hernando Ave., Lake City, FL 32056. Additionally, a phone line for receipt of pledges will be available Tuesday at 752-7318.
Catholic Charities Bureau, Lake City Regional Office, needs all types of nutritional non-perishable food items in pop-top cans, such as tuna, Spam, canned meats, ravioli, spaghetti; cereal; dry powdered milk; individual bottled water; hygiene products such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, bar soap, wash clothes, razors and deodorant. Additionally, the agency would benefit from the donation of new underwear, blankets, and Wal-Mart gift cards in $10 increments for distribution to clients in need to purchase gas or food. Financial contributions can be mailed to 258 NW Burk St., Lake City, FL 32055
The Christian Service Center will accept all donations of household goods for distribution to those affected by the tornado. Items specifically needed include paper goods, hygiene items, bleach, towels, wash cloths, king- and queen-sized linens, and furniture, including beds. Food items are always needed by the agency. Any monetary donations to the Christian Service Center should be mailed to Christian Service Center, PO Box 2285, Lake City, FL 32056
- United Way Thanks Donors With Positive Picketing
- United Way Keeping Kids In School With $300K AT&T Grant
- United Way & Local Leaders Bring Books to Kids
- United Way Fundraiser
- United Way teams up for children
- United Way Volunteers Work on 'Day of Action'
- Burlington Coat Factory donates more than 200 coats to United Way
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- Marion County School Board seeks help after storage unit vandalized, items ruined
- Program Helps Girls Find Their Way