Two confirmed fatalities were reported in Columbia County, one because of a tornado that swept through the area early Friday. The other died from a generator malfunction, when he tried to turn it on when his power went out.
Damage was reported in Lake City, Cross City, and Southwest Alachua County.
Emergency Management crews in Alachua County said the 3900 block of NE Waldo Rd. completely flooded. Most of Alachua County experienced severe floods on Friday.
Multiple touchdowns and one tornado were confirmed by the National Weather service. At least 50 homes have been damaged, and 12 businesses. One school in Gainesville was hit by lightning Friday afternoon, but no injuries were reported.
GRU reporter 1500 customers were without power when the storm first hit the Gainesville area. Florida Power says 30,000 of their customers in Columbia County were without power, but FPL got most of them back up within hours.
- Cabot-Koppers Superfund Site Update
- State Board of Governor's Insist FAMU Updates
- 2pm Tropical Storm Andrea Update
- Update on 34th Street Shooting
- Update: Second Day of Okpara Nelson Trial
- Tent City Update
- Update: Tent City Residents Forced to Move...Again
- Update: Tim Goldfarb Addresses the Future of Shands
- Update on Toddler Killed by Pet Snake
- Extreme Home Makeover: Demolition Update