Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part One
This first treatment isn't so much alternative as it is progressive. It's a new way to approach immunotherapy that won't have you running to the doctor every week to get your allergy shots, and your kids will love it.
Instead of getting allergy shots from your allergist, you can now put drops under your tongue.
The drops are safe enough to do at home.
Both techniques train your body's immune system to not react to the allergens by giving your body a small amount of them.
But there's a difference in cost between the shots and the drops.
The shots are covered by most insurance companies, the drops are not. They could run you about $100 a month, for 3 to 5 years.
Stay tuned on Tuesday, we're going off the beaten path to explore an allergy treatment that's not considered mainstream, but many people swear by it.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part Three
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part Two
- Alternative Site for Homeless One Stop Center No Longer An Option
- A Grave Situation - Part One
- Dan's Day Trips Part One
- Biomass or Bio-Mess? Part One: The Basics
- Help for Haiti Part One
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed Part 2
- The State of Real Estate Part One
- Trash or Treasure Part One