Alternative Site for Homeless One Stop Center No Longer An Option
They didn't think the proposed site for a homeless one stop center was a good selection, so some business owners in Gainesville went out and found an alternative site for city commissioners to consider.
But now that that property is no longer available, are they out of options?
The Association of Businesses and Citizens of North Main recently presented an alternative site to commissioners, but another buyer now has a contract to buy their proposed location.
Members of the association say the city's original proposed site on North Main Terrace is not a good location because the suggested building needs a lot of repair.
They were supposed to give a presentation on their alternative site to commissioners on Monday, but will now talk about other options.
"We have, actually, multiple other sites that we have investigated. we have a primary site. you know, you always try to narrow it down to your best choice," said the association's spokesperson Mark Hurm.
Contractors gave city staff members a quote of how much it would cost to renovate the building on North Main, but the association says those numbers are drastically too low.
- One Stop Homeless Center "Stopped?"
- Rezoning the One Stop Homeless Center
- Wait Continues for One Stop Homeless Center
- City Commission Approves One-Stop Homeless Shelter
- Gainesville's One Stop Homeless Center
- More Options to House Homeless Veterans in Alachua County
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part One
- Trustees Review Options for Leasing Munroe Regional Medical Center
- Old prison May Soon be a Homeless Center
- Homeless Veterans Project Site Isn't What Was Pitched