Convenience Store Robberies
He's suspected of a rash of robberies at convenience stores across marion county.
but deputies are hoping to treat that rash-- with an arrest.
Deputies are looking for 36 year old Orenthia Massey who they say robbed two Kangaroos and a Kwik King last week.
Massey may have also robbed a convenience store in Sumter county as well.
According to a gas station manager employees are only supposed to keep seventy five dollars in the drawer but Massey is thought to have gotten away with more than seven hundred dollars between the three stores.
Lt. Dennis McFatten with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says, " It could be the economy. A lot of times we find that the offender is on drugs or has a history of drug use and people are just trying to find a way to make a quick easy dollar."
Massey has a criminal record in Sumter county where he is thought to be staying.
By Sarah Pusateri
- Lake City Armed Robbery at S & S Convenience Store
- Another Arrest Made in Robbery of Ocala Convenience Store
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Super Stop Convenience Store Attempted Robbery
- Convenience Store Owner Sentenced For Fraud
- 31 People Wanted for Food Stamp Fraud at Gainesville Convenience Stores
- Store Clerk Survives Armed Robbery
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store
- "Bong Ban," in Florida Doesn't Change Much for Store-owners
- Man Robs Store While Filling Out Job Application