Detectives say a man sitting next to her... was also injured in sunday night's homicide... and clings to life at the hospital.
Although domestic violence is a complicated problem... there are solutions.
Domestic violence should not happen to anybody. ever. period. but it does...and when it does...there's help.
Victim advocate Donna Guinn says...It can happen to anybody.
Apparently, it did happen. Sunday night police responded to reports of a shooting at chili's restaurant on state road 200 in ocala.
Sgt. Chas Maier says..."Upon their arrival they realized that there had been two people shot...in a shooting incident. witnesses were able to identify a suspect in this case...and his name is Christopher Ronson."
39 year-old Laura Ronson was killed as she sat in her jeep outside the restaurant. Her passenger, 32 year old Mike Bubnow was also shot and seriously wounded.
The shooter... Laura's estranged husband Christopher Ronson... is still at large.
Although the children left behind weren't present the affect of an event like this... But Guinn says it will leave them permanently scarred.
"There may not have been children present...but there were children harmed because they're forever impacted by what happened. they're forever without a mother or parents involved in their life."
Police are still unsure as to what sparked the gunfire in a public place but...Guinn says domestic violence does not look the same in all relationships...however it usually begins with verbal insults or some type of humiliation.
"Those types of things can turn then into verbal threats to do harm to you and you may not know if that's going to be carried out but you need to take it seriously because that's not normal behavior and it's not love."
Police are still looking for Ronson. He's described as 6 feet tall...about 240 pounds. he may be driving a silver..2001...pontiac sunfire with Michigan plates. If you have any information your asked to call crimestoppers at 368-stop.
Shani Muhammad WCJB TV 20 NEWS.
- Ocala Man Arrested After Shooting at Deputies
- Police: Ocala Man Turns Himself In After Shooting
- Ocala Man Accused of Fatally Shooting His Wife
- Shooting In Ocala Kills 3
- Ocala Teenager Shoots 5-year-old with BB Gun
- Shooting At Ocala Liquor Store Leaves One Dead & One Arrested
- One Person Arrested in Shooting at an Ocala Apartment Complex
- Ocala Shooting Has Residents at One Apartment Complex on Edge
- Ocala Man Killed in Shooting at Spring Manor Apartments
- Ocala officer cleared in fatal shooting of murder suspect