Counterfeit Nike Raid
Law enforcement officers carried away several boxes of shoes from two convenience stores, but they weren't shopping.
Since December the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco and the Ocala Police Department has been investigating two Ocala stores for possibly carrying knock off Nikes
They seized over one thousand shoes from the Seven Days Food Store and the Jiffy Food Store, both located in Northwest Ocala.
J.C. Robinson, who works at the Seven Days Food Store says,
"I didn't know what was going on. I was doing what they were telling me to do, to sell the clothes, the shoes, to do it. They pay me for it, so I do what they tell me to do."
Tthe owners of the stores could potentially face fines, lose their liquor license or receive criminal charges pending a case review by the State Attorney's Office.
By Sarah Pusateri
- Nike Sparq Training
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- Gainesville Smoke Shop Raided After Drug Makes 28 People Sick
- Woman Caught Using Counterfeit Bills In Gainesville
- Feds Raid Local Tobacco Shops
- State Wide Drug Raid
- Suspect Uses Counterfeit Money at Fourth of July Festival
- Ft. White Woman Arrested for Counterfeiting
- Counterfeit Bills On The Rise In Alachua County
- Gainesville Man Accused of Stealing Vehicle, Possessing Counterfeit Money