Remembering the Fallen
Bob Barnas was a Marine Veteran of the Vietnam War. When asked about his time in the service, he recalls his most memorable day fighting back in January of 1968. Everyone in his squad was either wounded or killed in one day, including the man he called his best friend in the service.
"Danny Escavito and Lieutenant Burns were killed that day. It's a day that I'll never forget and I honor those two Marines today."
Barnas said he didn't fully realize the significance of Memorial Day until one day in 1985 when he spent time with other veterans rehasing what each soldier had gone through.
- Chiefland Remembers Fallen Soldier
- Remembering a Fallen Soldier: Private Lamarol Tucker
- Cedar Key Remembers Fallen Soldier
- Daughter of Fallen Officer Remembers Her Father Six Years After His Death
- GPD Remembers Fallen Lieutenant Seven Years Later
- North Central Florida Remembers the Fallen
- Williston Police Remember A Fallen Officer
- Remembering Fallen University of Florida Student
- Remembering A Fallen Officer
- Fallen Soldier Remembered