Statement from the Family of the Haile Assault Victim
The victimâ€™s condition has improved substantially since the brutal attack. She has been released from the hospital and is now at home beginning what will be many months of physical and emotional healing. The victim and her family are deeply touched by the community support that has been shown as a result of this terrible crime. They appreciate all of the thoughts, prayers, donations, and offers of help by so many friends and members of the community. The family would especially like to thank the law enforcement officers of the Alachua County Sheriffâ€™s Office and the medical team at Shands for their professionalism. The family looks forward to the day when the assailant is brought to justice so that no other family will have to endure such a physically and emotionally painful ordeal.
The victim's family wants everyone to know how much it appreciates the community events such as Wednesday's two Haile Plantation trail walks. If someone else had been assaulted in such a violent manner, the family would want to do something similar to these events as a show of compassion, support, and most importantly community solidarity. This family has lived in Gainesville for over 12 years. The husband and wife purposefully chose Gainesville to raise their children because it is such a wonderful community. They feel just as strongly about that today. The family encourages all members of the Gainesville community not to let the unspeakable violence of one person change the way of life that we all love so much.
A violent act such as this should be confronted in a positive manner. The family feels that the most effective way to do so is though an overwhelming outpouring of love. Husbands should hug their wives more often and tell them how much they mean to them. Fathers should more frequently embrace their daughters and tell them that they will always be there for them.
The victim is lucky to be alive. Small children are fortunate to have their mother. A husband will get to grow old with his wife in a community that they both love so much. Now more than ever, the family embraces each day as a gift. They are so appreciative of the support that the Gainesville community has shown and thank everyone from the bottom of their hearts.
- Family of Levy County Shooter Releases Statement
- Williston Man Arrested After Victim Tells Police She Was Sexually Assaulted
- Gainesville Woman Accused Of Assaulting Victim With Weed Wacker
- UF Student Accused of Sexually Assaulting 3 Inebriated Victims...
- Victim of Sexual Assault Comes Forward After 16 years
- Bikers Raise Money for Theater Victim's Family
- William Happ Executed for 1986 Murder, Issues Apology to Victim's Family
- Deadly Crash Victims' Family Speaks Out
- Family of High Springs Murder Victims Speak Out
- Shooting victim's family and friends raise money for burial