On Third Day of O'Quinn Murder Trial: Defendant's Father Comes Near Perjury
While friends remembered the details of events surrounding Herndon's death, the defendant's father adamantly say he does not.
Prosecutors say important details about Michelle Herndon's death were shared to him by his son. But today he claimed he no longer remembered his son referring to Herndon as his girlfriend back in Gainesville --whose recent death from an overdose he says now necessitated he get away for a vacation.
But detectives say there was no way in November, 2005 O'Quinn would have had knowledge of the cause of Herdon's death, autopsy reports were not released until late December.
Prosecutor, James Colaw asked Beecher O'Quinn, "He told you that a girlfriend of his in gainesville had died of a drug overdose," to which O'Quinn responded, "No sir, he did not tell me that a girlfriend had died of an overdose."
Judge Peter Seig said the fathers credibility was compromised. Closing statements are tomorrow and WCJB TV20 will be there until the verdict is delivered.
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon Martin's Father Testifies
- Charlie Ely Murder Trial: Day 4
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon's Friend Finishes Day 2 of Testimony
- Verdict In On O'Quinn: Emotional End To An Exhausting Trial
- Zimmerman Trial: Day One
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Two
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Day 12, Crime-Scene Evidence