Cedar Key Landmark Ready To Re-Open
The big dock has been shut down since Hurricane Frances and Ivan roared through in 2004. Now four years later, the contractor says the big dock should be ready to open July 4th.
Last year's final bid on the project was nearly $3.6 million.
The only thing that will definitely not be ready for Independence Day are the bathrooms, which will take another couple of weeks to finish.
"I think it's great, the last one was really small and not nearly as nice," said Cedar Key Mayor Heath Davis. "This is beautiful. It took a while for them to get it done, but it's gorgeous."
- Levy County Road Re-Opens
- Poe Springs Re-Opens on July Fourth
- Park Re-opens With New Boardwalk
- Roads Re-Open in Bradford After Fire is Contained
- Cedar Key Residents Ready For Andrea
- Cedar Key Businesses Open
- Landmark Car Dealership Stays Open
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Wild Waters Re-Opens, Renovation Still Underway