Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Crawford Trial Sentencing Begins
Last week, a jury found 33-year-old Richard Crawford guilty of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse during the 2006 beating in which his son Coreyon Graham died.
During the first half of the morning, jurors heard victim impact statements from Graham's kindergarten teacher and an aunt.
In the afternoon, jurors listened to character statements for Crawford.
They heard from Sydia Hoilet, who claims he provided support after her child's biological father decided to abandon her.
"He put his emotions aside for me and the child," said Hoilet."He helped me through the rest of the pregnancy, while I was at the hospital. After I had the baby he was there, he paid the bills made sure everything was ok until it was time for me to go back to work."
Tomorrow, jurors will hear closing arguments. Crawford is facing the death penalty or life in prison.
- Crawford Trial Begins
- Closing Statements In Crawford Trial
- Verdict Reached In The Crawford Trial
- Crawford Trial Day Two
- Zimmerman Trial: Jurors Begin Deliberating
- Jury in Michael Bargo Trial Considers Life or Death Sentence
- Jury Selection Begins on Murder Trial of Michelle Herndon
- Trial Begins for Horse Abuse Case
- 2003 Hawthorne Murder Trial Begins...
- Seath Jackson Murder Trial Begins