GPD Releases Investigation Report on Officers' Conduct
Queneller Clark of Gainesville says what started as a friendly relationship with Officer John Bostick... quickly turned sexual.
She claims Bostick used intimidation to get her to have sex with him... she set up a video recorder in her home as proof.
She turned the tape over to GPD and that's when she says the agency created to protect and to serve... was only out to protect one of their own.
She spoke with us furious... about a week ago about the amount of time the internal investigation was taking.
But today, the internal investigations report showed that Bostick was guilty of improper conduct... which is a civil matter...but the charge sexual battery-- which is criminal--was not sustained.
Tonight, Clark feels somewhat relieved.
"It's too long overdue. Bostick has been doing a lot of things for a long time and GPD haven't caught up with it. I just think that by me coming forward...that's when everything came out. If I wouldn't have ever spoken up Bostick would still be on the force doing the same thing that he was doing to me and to others."
Summer Hallett from GPD says the conclusion to this investigation has it's pros and cons.
"The positive impact is that we don't have an officer who decided to do some improper and immoral things working for us any more. The negative impact is that for the rest of us who still work the roads are going to have to work a little bit harder to make sure the public still has the same amount of faith in us."
Clark has hired an attorney and says she intends on suing Bostick on the civil charges.
Criminally it's up to the State Attorney's office to file charges.
Bostick could still lose his law enforcement standards if the FDLE finds there was wrongdoing.
If that happens he will not be able to become a police officer anywhere in the state of florida again.
Also today... two other officers involved in different internal investigations...Robert King and Jeffery Shaw were both found in violation of improper conduct.
Shani Muhammad, WCJB TV 20 News.
- GPD Releases Report on 2007 Shooting Involving Hernandez
- GPD Launches New Website to Report Sexual Assault, But There's Been No Reports
- GPD investigating 'Old Joe' vandalism
- GPD investigating shooting near Cowboy's
- Major Fellows' Investigation Released
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Suspect's comments initiate FBI investigation
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
- GPD Report Raises Questions About Hernandez Involvement in 2007 Shooting
- Is Your Car Easy Prey For Crime? GPD Car Report Cards Can Tell You