Sleep Deprivation Leads to Vehicular Homicide and Caution for Truck Drivers
Written By: Brittany Soeder WCJB TV20 News.
Truck driver Alan Wilkerson will serve seven years behind bars after making a plea agreement with prosecutors on charges related to the deaths earlier this week. Truck drivers agreed with the sentence on their fellow driver. They say more truckers need to be careful so that there's no repeat of a similar tragedy. This is the first case the State Attorney has ever seen of vehicular homicide because of sleep deprivation.
- Bus Driver Charged with Vehicular Homicide
- North Central Florida Drivers Urged to Use Caution as Roads May Be Icy
- Truck Driver Who Hit Bus On Phone
- Ice Cream Truck Driver Escapes Attempted Robbery
- Truck Plunges Into Payne's Prarie, Driver missing
- Driver Hospitalized After Truck Overturns
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Door-to-Door Scammers Return, GPD Urges Caution
- Truck Driver Survives Precarious Situation
- Safe Sleep Campaign Kicks Off