Store Clerk Survives Armed Robbery
Ocala Police still have not recovered 17 of the 18 handguns stolen from a store last Friday. They also have not ruled out the possibility that the guns used in this robbery may have been some of those stolen from bullseye sports shop.
Angy Scroble with Ocala Police says..."Now of course the description of the guns is from the victims. sometimes it's hard to see on the video and everything."
We have the video Scroble's talking about. The cashier in the video is completely unaware that she's about to be looking down the barrel of a gun. the two men approach the counter ask for money...and then jump the counter to get it.
Alisha Manypenny works two doors down from cvs and says she had no clue a robbery took place a few yards from where she works.
"I'd probably panic."
According to Scroble the store had two customers in it at the time.
"There was a witness who said he walked up and saw what was happening because he saw the clerk with the two guys behind her and he ran to the back of the pharmacy to tell them to call 911."
After they grabbed the cash they forced the cashier to the manager's office...the then robbed the store's safe. no one was seriously injured and no shots were fired. CVS managers had no comment about how much the suspects got away with. Police say it's an undisclosed amount.
"They couldn't total it for us at that time, they didn't know. They told us they had to go back through the records."
Anyone with information about the suspects identity or their whereabouts is asked to call the Ocala Police department at 369-7000.
Shani Muhammad WCJB TV 20 NEWS.
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store
- Lake City Armed Robbery at S & S Convenience Store
- Escapee Captured...Thanks to Observant Newberry Store Clerk
- Lake City Store Clerk Killed
- Violent Armed Robberies Related?
- ARMED ROBBERY
- Gainesville Armed Robberies
- Attempted Armed Robbery at Marion Street Café in Lake City
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery