Apartment Complex Evictions
Both the complex's management and tenants say the policy is working.
Gardenia Garden Apartments' eviction policy is unofficially titled 'one-strike-and-you're-out.' The complexes management says they felt the policy was necessary because things had been spiraling out of control earlier this year. They've tossed six tenants since early June because of violent crimes, and the people who are left say it's working.
"I feel better now because the things that they was putting in action is really working, they getting evicted for the problems that they doing and i think that's the best solution we can have, we getting the community back together."
Police officials say they've responded to much less crime at the apartment complex since the implementation of the one-strike-and-you're-out policy.
- 23-Year-Old Murdered at Ocala Apartment Complex
- Fire at Gardens Apartment Complex
- In the Pines Apartment Complex Facing Hefty Fines
- Crews Extinguish Fire At Gainesville Apartment Complex
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Murder In Southern Pines Apartment Complex
- Woman Shot And Killed At Gainesville Apartment Complex
- Dryer Catches Fire in Alachua Apartment Complex
- Bedbugs taking over NE Gainesville Apartment Complex?
- Students Wait in Hotels as Apartment Complexes are Completed