Documents Reveal Violations At Group Homes
Her claims were not unfounded. TV20 has now obtained documents that show the group homes have a long record.
They are supposed to be safe homes for adults with disabilities, but what state investigators have found are alleged cases of abuse and neglect. A former employee, who wishes to remain unnamed, told us she saw the same.
"I saw people slammed into walls."
But abuse wasn't all she says she experienced. She had been told to doctor files before inspections to hide the bad conditions. TV20 has obtained close to 150 pages of violations issued to the group homes from the Agency for Persons with Disabilties.
According to APD Spokesperson Jim Smith, APD is responsible for ensuring that the health and safety of clients in homes is ensured. What they found in monthly inspections were violations ranging from small infractions that could cause harm, to missing documentation about required staff training and prescriptions for patients.
While the agency looked out for administrative violations, calls of abuse were recorded by the Department.of Children and Families. DCF Spokesperson Ester Tibbs says there were 46 calls of abuse for Elevations.
APD is working closely with the Attorney General's Office in the on-going criminal investigation. So far, five employees have been arrested and charged with felonies of abuse and medicaid fraud. The owner, Janice Phillips, has not been charged or arrested in conjunction with the case.
According to Smith, all patients at Elevations and Potential Possibilities have been removed and found new homes. The agency is pursuing actions of possible revocation of the homes' license and certificate of operation.
- Bin Laden Documents Revealed
- Report Reveals More on IRS Targeting of Tea Party Groups
- Latest Developments In The Abuse Allegations Against Employees At Two Group Homes
- Bravo Trial Day 5: Defense Heavy On Documenting Times
- Confidential Documents Exposed in Dumpster
- Marion County School District Penalized for Class Size Violation
- Lawsuit Claims Biomass Plant Talks Violated Sunshine Law
- Aviara Apartments Owner Facing Fines After Failing To Correct Violations
- Szechuan Panda Closed Due To Health Code Violations
- Roam Towing Violations Means Six Month Suspension