Domestic Violence Victims Speak Out
Sheriff's deputies soon arrested and charged Wyrosdick's live-in boyfriend Daniel Steven Fucci with the attack.
It's a six-year-old smile worth far more than a thousand words, maybe one hundred thousand for grandmother Ruby Wyrosdick.
Deputies say Andrew and his mother Charlene were victims of a baseball bat wielded by Charlene's boyfriend. A deputy found the two lying unconscious in a pool of blood on the kitchen floor of Charlene's mobile home June 19th.
"It was so hard to go in there and see my child so severely, so brutally beaten," said Ruby Wyrosdick.
Ruby says Charlene is starting to open her eyes and recognize family, but doctors have said she may have brain damage.
Daniel Steven Fucci has been charged with the attack. Ruby's heart goes out to his mother.
"Because no mother should have to go through what he has put his mother and me through, no one should have to go through that," said Ruby.
But deputies say unfortunately, far too many people suffer domestic violence. Deputies say Wyrosdick and Fucci had a both reported and unreported history, and usually it only gets worse, not better.
"It is not acceptable, no matter what your situation is, for anyone to lay their hands on you, and hold you against your will," said Alachua County Sheriff's Office Lt. Steve Maynard. "You need to report that."
Ruby hopes by telling her story she can keep others from broken situations.
"Please get out, and when you're out, stay out, there's help out there," said Ruby.
The Florida Domestic Violence Hotline is 800-500-1119. Fucci faces two attempted first degree murder charges and is in the Alachua County Jail on a $601,000 bond. His arraignment is set for July 23rd, but he's already entered in a written plea of not guilty.
- Victims' Mothers Speak Out
- Father of Molestation Victim Speaks Out
- Home Invasion Victim Speaks Out
- Deadly Crash Victims' Family Speaks Out
- Family of High Springs Murder Victims Speak Out
- Victim Speaks Out in Hopes of Finding Rapist
- A Victim of Sexual Abuse Speaks Out After 16 Years
- "A Pillar in the Community." A Fire Victim's Family Speaks Out
- Giving Hope to Woman and Children Living in Domestic Violence Shelter
- Video of Beyonce's Family Fighting, Stirs Conversation About Domestic Violence