EMSA Employees Arrested
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
It's an emergency medical service in Ocala that's preparing to merge with Marion County Fire Rescue, in October. But right now, officials with EMSA find themselves investigating employees who allegedly stole thousands of dollars from the company.
Marion County Emergency Medical Services Alliance... or EMSA is a non-profit agency who transports anyone living in Marion County who may need emergency help. But Wednesday the company got a little of its own, when three employees were arrested for allegedly stealing more than 20-thousand dollars a piece from the company.
Officers with the Ocala Police Department arrested three employees, who they say were stealing thousands of dollars worth of funds from the company. They say the worst part is two of the suspects are firefighters. Police say 31-year old William Vinyard stole more than 25-thousand dollars from EMSA .... 32-year old Christopher Stephens stole more than 27-thousand.... and 42-year old Stacy Vining stole more 20-thousand dollars. Officers say since early July they've been investigating. They say officials at EMSA got suspicious after a nurse saw the employees exchanging name badges and clocking in for each other. The investigation revealed the suspects had been getting paid for hours they didn't work, since last October. All three are being charged with one count of grand theft.
- EMSA Transition
- Court Employee Arrested For Attempted Sexual Battery
- Alachua Police Employee Arrested on Sex Charges
- Lowe's Employee Arrested for Grand Retail Theft
- Forest High School Employee Arrested for Molesting a Child
- Walmart employee arrested for stealing
- Tasty Buddha Employees Go On Strike
- Drug Testing State Employees
- Bill Could Ban Employers From Requesting Employees' Social Media Passwords
- Publix to Extend Health Benefits to Spouses of Employees in Legal Gay Marriages