It's called the Red Bull Flugtag competition. It's being held in Tampa this year, and one of the teams is from the University of Florida.
"We decided it would be something cool to do for the summer, so we came back and put a team together," said Chris DeMarco, captain.
Teams consisting of five people build a human-powered aircraft, and then push it off a runway to see how far it flies. The world record is only 195 feet.
Hundreds of teams entered submissions, but only 40 were chosen. And the team from Gainesville, known as "By the Beard of Zeus" might have a more scientific approach than some of their opponents.
"All five of us are Gator engineers, so that was one of our priorities for the design," said Tricia DeMarco, team member.
The design also includes a replica of Mt. Olympus.
And in Flugtag fashion, they'll have some crazy costumes to match their team's Greek God theme.
"It's going to be your standard toga party, but a lot more style," said DeMarco.
So in an attempt to not embarass themselves, let's all hope the motto "Red Bull gives you wings" holds true.
- Gator Aviators Celebrate A Victory During The National Red Bull Flugtag Event
- Marion County has a case of "Horse Fever"
- Dengue Fever Cases Show Up in Florida
- Tailgate Fever- 'Home-Gating' Tips
- Mega Millions Fever
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets