Gainesville Contends For Title Town USA
On Thursday, ESPN's Sportcenter was in Gainesville. More than 2000 fans nominated Gainesville as one of the top cities to be named "Title Town USA"
"It's the only place," said Jerry McGriff, Gator fan. "Everything's a winner... every sport."
"Everyone's going to vote for Titletown USA here in Gainesville," said Tom Schoenor, Gator fan. "I mean get out of here."
Gainesville has a solid athletic program to back up the endless Gator spirit.
"We got baseball, softball, gymnastics, women's soccer, swimming, diving," said Schoenor. "You know the number of Olympians we have some kind of gator history there."
But, the competition is fierce. Not only does Gainesville have to compete against college towns like Valdosta, Georgia and Knoxville, Tennessee, but they also have to stand up against major cities like Chicago and Boston that have had recent success in professional sports.
Gator fans can show their support by going online and voting at ESPN.com from Thursday July 24th until Saturday July 26th. The winner will be announced on Sunday July 27th at 11P.M.
- Tebow Helps Gators Contend For Title Town USA
- AARP Holds Town Forum Meeting in Gainesville
- Gainesville's Annual Ghost Town
- Wambach's Heroics Keep World Cup Title Hopes Alive For Team USA
- Trail Life USA Kicks Off
- Gas Prices Hurting One Town
- Top Dystonia Researchers in Town
- Kerr City, Historic Ghost Town
- Queen Gutarist Brian May in Town
- Gatornationals: Big Bucks Racing Into Town