Investigation Continues In The Death Of A Marion County Man
Krippendorf immediately called 911, but by the time emergency workers arrived Moser was unable to answer questions. He died shortly after.
Krippendorf's neighbor, who goes by the nickname "Bulldog", never even heard the shot that killed gary moser.
"I was in the bed asleep and my friend called me," said Bulldog. "He said "hey man, what are all the cops doing outside your house?"
What they were doing was responding to a 911 call made shortly after 10 pm last night.
When police responded to Krippendorf's home in Marion County, they found his friend Gary Moser on the floor with a gunshot wound to the chest.
"Well, he just said that he was reaching for a weapon that was located behind a chair, and upon the time he received it he picked it up and it accidentally discharged," said Marion County Sheriff's Office Major Chris Blair.
According to investigators, Krippendorf admitted they had consumed some alchohol, but the role that played in the shooting is being investigated.
"We're certainly going to look at projectile," said Blair. "The way he described where he was in location to the actual victim to the location of the person responsible for the actual shooting were going to review that to see whether it is consistent with the crime scene."
As of now, the death is under investigation, and the case will then go to the State Attorney's Office.
"They will make the final decision if any criminal charges are filed," said Blair.
Even if the shooting is found to be an accident and depending on Krippendor's blood alchohol level, he could face charges of reckless display of a firearm, possession of a firearm while intoxicated or even manslaughter.
- MCSO Investigating "Suspicious Death" Inside Ocklawaha Home
- MCSO investigates suspicious death
- Investigators Find Body Believed To Be Missing Man From Interlachen
- Man Charged With Murder After Another Man, Dog Found Stabbed to Death
- Marion county man found shot to death in car
- Ocala man charged in shooting death of former Gator football player
- Search for Johnny Radabaugh Will Continue Saturday
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Child death investigation
- Man Donates Land to County for New Park