Lake City Police Chief Suspended
"It was definitely inappropriate for anyone because it could be racially sensitive," said Scott Reynolds, Lake City City Manager.
It is a website that looks authentic enough, but when you log in instead of revealing your school pictures, it shows two pictures of monkeys.
The chief received the email from the District Director for the Florida Association of Police Chiefs Rick Davis. Burch thought it was an investigative tool. An investigation revealed Burch did not view the website before forwarding it on... a violation of the email policies he helped create.
"He is to review any content for any of the issues, which could be racially and sexually discriminatory-type materials before forwarding it on," said Reynolds.
Chief Burch apologized via email to everyone the next day when he realized what he did, but the damage was done.
Two employees filed complaints. One by Lieutenant Rudolph Davis who filed a racial discrimination grievance against the previous police.
Both Burch and Davis were unable to be reached .
Reynolds would not comment on a similar complaint that is still pending against the chief by a sergeant. He hopes to have it resolved by the end of the week.
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Lake City Police Chief and City Manager Aren't Going Anywhere
- Lake City Police Chief Resigns
- Lake City Police Chief Reinstated
- Former Lake City Police Chief On Resignation
- Lake City Gets New Police Chief
- Waldo Police Chief Suspended
- Gainesville City Manager Looking for Candidates to Fill Police Chief Position
- Gainesville City Commissioners' Reactions to New Police Chief
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police