Security Camera Footage of Lake City Murder Obtained by WCJB
In their efforts to catch the killer, Columbia County Sherriff's Office officials have released security camera footage of the murder of Linda Raulerson exclusively to WCJB. In addition to the video footage, new details in the murder have also been released.
According to deputies, more than one gun shot was fired when Linda Raulerson was murdered wednesday night. Officials say she was shot in the arm almost immediately after her killer walked into Joy America Food Store.
In the graphic video, you can see the killer pull up to the store in a white buick regal. He walks in and pulls out his gun - a medium-sized revolver. He then shoots Raulerson once and demands money. Raulerson hands over the cash and shows him that the cashier's drawer is empty, and then the killer shoots her again and leaves the store.
"This guy's still out there," said Lt. Edward Seifert, "he's not in custody and he's a dangerous individual. he's proven how dangerous he is and how cold-hearted he is."
Deputies have not made an arrest, and the surveillance video may be the best clue they have.
If anyone has any information regarding this murder, call the Crime Stoppers of Columbia County hotline at 386-754-7099.
- Police Review Camera Footage After Attempted Robbery on Santa Fe College Campus
- Tallahasse Police Obtain Surveilance Footage In Uhre Case
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Victim Was Pregnant in Lake City Triple Murders
- Authorities Release Audio From Lake City Murder
- Lake City Woman Murdered
- City Puts the Brakes on Red-Light Cameras
- Security Video Shows Victim Shortly Before Murder
- MARTA-Security Cameras
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager