Top Senior Model Contest
On Friday, 8 contestants competed in the top senior model contest at Ocala's Palm Garden Senior Care Facility.
Inspired by Tyra Banks's hit television show "America's Next Top Model," senior residents were treated to a complete makeover including new clothes provided by Dillard's department store. Contestants had to answer questions from a panel of judges and work the runway, showcasing their personalities.
"We wanted to make sure our residents felt good about themselves and their looks," said Rhonda Dozier, event organizer. "A lot of times that kind of gets forgotten about in a skilled nursing facility. This was an opportunity to make them feel special, get a new outfit and feel like kings and queens for a day."
The female winner was 91-year-old Mable Belle and the male winner was 55-year-old James Evans. All contestants received certificates, but both of the winners received a plaque with their photo, a crown, and a bouquet of flowers.
- Cedar Key Eatery Claims Clam Chowder Contest Top Spot
- Newberry Elementary Recognized for Unique Teaching Model
- UF Researchers Developing a Prostate Cancer Care and Survival Model
- Alachua Girl in National Tissue Box Artwork Contest
- HIGH SPRINGS TREE DECORATING CONTEST
- Contestants Compete For The Crown In Local Pageant
- Sheriff's Office Clerks Plead No Contest
- Bus Brawlers Plea No Contest
- Ocala Drive-In Participates in Contest
- Morning Edition Halloween Costume Contest Winners