Williston Police Remember A Fallen Officer
On Wednesday morning, his colleagues, neighbors, and family members celebrated his life.
"It's a mixed feeling," said Moss's wife, Lori. "There's sadness because he's gone and this reminds me that he died in the line of duty. But there's also the gratitude that people do remember him."
And remember him they have, holding a memorial service every year since his death. Most recently, they named a road after him.
"We have this memorial to remember the date, as a reminder to the officers -- be safe, to wear their vests and to remind them, of course, that danger lurks in sometimes the most inane circumstances," said Williston Chief of Police Daniel Davis.
But, Lori Moss says these circumstances failed to take him completely out of her life.
"Just because he died, doesn't mean he's totally gone," said Moss. "As long as we remember him, he's still here."
- MCSO: Remembering fallen deputy Brian Litz
- Marion County remembers fallen officers
- University of Florida Police Department Honors Fallen Officer
- Fallen Police Chief Remembered
- 10 Year Anniversary Of Fallen Deputy Brian Litz
- North Central Florida Remembers the Fallen
- GPD Remembers Fallen Lieutenant Seven Years Later
- Daughter of Fallen Officer Remembers Her Father Six Years After His Death
- Cedar Key Remembers Fallen Soldier
- Remembering Fallen University of Florida Student