Debate Number Two for The Next Alachua County Sheriff
Story By: Brittany Soeder WCJB TV20 News.
The moderator for the Women for Wise Growth Forum demanded the crowd refrain from personal attacks as the candidates attacked each other's stand on certain issues. In what Captain Lonnie Scott referred to as their biggest debate for office, the two addressed the question of jail overcrowing. Scott referred to an incident where a husband almost killed his wife twice because he was let out of jail and Darnell said letting inmates out based upon efficient case management is the reason for a decrease in jail population. The debate ended with both candidates asking the audience what attributes are most important to them when electing the next Alachua County Sheriff. On one side family values and on the other side endorsements. The primary election is august 26th.
- Neighbors speak out after meth lab found next door
- Democratic sheriff's candidates debate
- Sheriff's debate turns personal
- Two Bodies Found Inside Apartment from Apparent Murder-Suicide
- Two busted with two dozen stolen credit cards
- Two stabbed at SW Gainesville apartment
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Two deputies investigated in alleged domestic battery
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget