Debate Number Two for The Next Alachua County Sheriff
Story By: Brittany Soeder WCJB TV20 News.
The moderator for the Women for Wise Growth Forum demanded the crowd refrain from personal attacks as the candidates attacked each other's stand on certain issues. In what Captain Lonnie Scott referred to as their biggest debate for office, the two addressed the question of jail overcrowing. Scott referred to an incident where a husband almost killed his wife twice because he was let out of jail and Darnell said letting inmates out based upon efficient case management is the reason for a decrease in jail population. The debate ended with both candidates asking the audience what attributes are most important to them when electing the next Alachua County Sheriff. On one side family values and on the other side endorsements. The primary election is august 26th.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Rehabilitate Two Starved Horses
- Meet the Field to Become the Next Gilchrist County Sheriff
- Air Boat Debate Still Making Noise in Alachua County
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms
- Alachua County School Superintendent Dan Boyd to Retire Next Month
- Alachua County Fair Numbers Up
- Health Department Finds Record Number of Mosquitoes in Alachua County
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations