First day of school
There is excitement in the air for thousands of students and parents who "swamped" the University of Florida's dorms today with many first- time gators.
This month the university is offering what they call Weeks of Welcome.
It's a complete month of activities and information for incoming and veteran students.
Students moving in today had plenty of reasons why they were excited to be at school...
Some mentioned independence from mom and dad. Some were excited about joining a sorority and meeting friends and just thought it was great to be a gator.
Incoming freshmen Kara Brock says, "Just being a gator in general football games i come from a huge gator family so I've been going to games since i was born basically so it's fun to be here. My parents are really excited."
For more information on the University of Florida's Weeks of Welcome visit
- First day of school in the books for Osceola Middle School
- New Alachua County Charter School Ready for First Day of School
- As First Day of School Draws Nearer RTS Warns Drivers to be Careful
- First Day of School in North Central Florida
- First Day of High School Football Practice
- Month After Roof Collapse, Queen of Peace Students Celebrate First Day of School
- Marion County prepares for the First Day of School
- Lake County sinkhole causes advisory for first day of school
- Student Opens Fire at Md. High School on First Day of Classes
- Zimmerman Trial: First Full Day For The Defense