Gilchrist Vote is Finalized
The votes are in in Gilchrist County. They finished this morning. The numbers were exactly the same on 2A. 3A called and one of their ballots had gotten jammed and was not read. They pulled the ballot on through. So, when they did the totals on 3A it was one ballot different. So, now the votes are all in and verified. After all of that, there would have been only a one vote difference. It would not have made a difference in any of the races.
Randy Durden came out the winner in the county commission District 3 race.
Daniel Slaughter and Robert Roux will face each other in November for the sheriff's race. Robert Willis will also be in that race as a non-party candidate.
Kendrick Thomas won in the county commission District 5 race.
Robert Clemons won in the School Board District 2 race.
Everybody seemed to be okay with the results and haven't asked for another recount. She says they're just glad it's over.
- 4A's Do Not Endorse Any Candidate in Final Forum Before Election Day
- Residents are Already Hitting the Polls
- Tracking Down, "Undecided," Voters
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- New Voting Laws Take Effect in 2014
- Interview: Ted Yoho Primary Winner
- Voter Registration Deadline Draws Future Voters
- Campaign Makes Cancer An Election Issue