Sandbags can help protect your home from flooding. Some residents place the bags in front of doors to keep water from flowing inside.
There are three locations for sandbag distribution in Ocala, as of Tuesday:
- NE 14th Street and 8th Avenue
- MLK Boulevard and State Road 40
- Southeast 24th Street near Jerbey Gantt Park
Depending on how much rain pushes through the area, officials say they may continue distributing the bags Wednesday from 7 am until 7 pm. Distribution is limited to ten bags per person.
- Breast Cancer Prevention
- Drowsy Driving Prevention Week in Florida
- North Central Florida Receiving Federal Funding to Prevent Homelessness
- Helping Prevent Wildfires
- Gainesville Police Use Robot To Spread Crime Prevention Message
- Preventing Wildfires This Spring
- Preventing Child Obesity
- Shelter Takes Drastic Action To Prevent More Disease
- National Hazing Prevention Week
- Fire Prevention Month Highlights Safety